"Midwest" ... it's a state of mind.
Inside this issue:
- An update from MAPOR’s President Ron Langley.
- 2018 MAPOR conference Embracing the Diverse Future in Public Opinion Research will take place on November 16-17 in Chicago – check out the program, register for the conference, and book your hotel room now!
- Sign up for our October 17 webinar: Text Message Interviewing: Data Quality, Efficiency, and Design Considerations.
- Learn about the candidates for vice president/president elect and associate conference chair.
Text Message Interviewing: Data Quality, Efficiency, and Design Considerations
Michael Schober, Professor of Psychology and Vice Provost for Research at The New School, a university in New York City
October 17th, 12-1 pm central time
$10 for students, $40 for non-student MAPOR members, $50 for non-members
Recordings of the webinar will be available for those who cannot attend the event live. If interested, please register and you will receive a link to the recording after the event.
Embracing a Diverse Future in Public Opinion Research
November 16-17, 2018Embassy Suites, Downtown Chicago, 600 N. State Street, Chicago, IL 60654
Conference Chair: Ned English Associate Conference Chair: Dana Garbarski
|Keynote Speaker||Pedagogy Hour Speaker|
|The Numbers in the News: On Polling for the Public||
Predicting and Understanding Nonresponse
|Jennifer Agiesta||Colm O’Muircheartaigh|
|CNN||University of Chicago|
- A mid-year update from MAPOR’s President Ron Langley.
- 2018 MAPOR conference Embracing the Diverse Future in Public Opinion Research will take place on November 16-17 in Chicago – submit your abstract through June 30!
- Students: Enter the competition for the Doris A. Graber Award for Best Public Opinion Paper or the Allan McCutcheon Award for Best Methodology Paper.
- Remembering MAPOR Fellow and Past President Doris A. Graber for her significant contributions to MAPOR for more than forty years.
2018 MAPOR Fellows Student Paper Competition
43rd Annual Conference of the
Midwest Association for Public Opinion Research
November 16-17, 2018
Embassy Suites Chicago Downtown, 600 N. State StreetThe Midwest Association for Public Opinion Research invites eligible students to enter the association’s MAPOR Fellows Student Paper Competition. Two winning papers, one in public opinion and the other in survey research methodology, will receive an award of $200, one free conference registration and one free ticket to the Friday MAPOR luncheon. The winning papers also will be accepted for presentation during a session at the May 2019 AAPOR conference in Toronto, Canada. See past winners here. Read More
Stay in touch with MAPOR!
Members of MAPOR can Join the MAPORNet listserv, where members ask questions to one-another, share information about events and jobs, and hear about updates in the field. To join, contact MAPOR’s Secretary-Treasurer.